Thursday, October 1, 2015

Entry #6 - Health Plus


One of the other creative exercise we use in the course is Forced Relationships.  We take two words and try to create what that combination would mean...by joining two words together it can create unusual and fresh combinations.  Health sector is an amazing industry as quality of life issues lead to many innovations for prevention and treatment for body, mind and soul.

Here are the results of my own personal mashups.  While their almost a limitless set of outcomes its letting your original thought combined with research to explore new ideas and combinations that is the point of this entry.

Health and Agriculture makes me think of bee farmers and hive products.  While many may think of honey, I know from doing some bee tourism on the island of Šolta that honey is one of the simpler products in the world of bees.  Royal Jelly, also known as bee milk, is one of the more elevated ingredients that are used in finer cosmetics like one of my current favorites by dr.Organic vein cream.

Health and Culture combo gets me thinking about the oldest pharmacies.  My father is a pharmacist by profession and a pharmacy was also the entrepreneurship venture he ran for over 25 years so its tied to my own culture but also to the first point which brought me to Croatia, my beloved Dubrovnik.  Dubrovnik has the oldest working pharmacy in Europe and is located in the beautiful grounds of the Franciscan monastery.

Health and Technology brings to mind the many on trend mobile apps being developed for this sector. In additon to being very practical in health care management they are also being used as personal management and motivation of fitness and exercise.  Many creative names for marketing purposes abound but one that caught my eye was "Couch to 5K" which helps lift one off the couch potatoe lifestyle and back in to a life of exercise towards a 5K run.

Health and Tourism while this is a fast growing sector also known as medical tourism, I find the plastic surgery tourism particularly fascinating.  I would hope to not fall into ever needing or wanting plastic surgery myself as I know it does not always improve on what nature and God provided but I do know that those who choose suffer stares and curiousity during the healing process.  Tourism therefore makes sense as clients of procedures can recover out of the watchful eye of neighbors in beautiful locations at reduced prices. 

Health and Social Impact...while organic products, old pharmacies, mobile health and medical tourism have been discussed so far its hard to imagine the level of healthcare of those left behind.  There are still many across the globe that suffer health issues due to poor sanitation conditions.  So for this last part of the post its important to note that proper toilet facilities are still in demand and access to them and basic supplies like soap, water and toilet tissue or lack thereof affect health conditions of the poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Future Entrepreneurs

Teaching in higher education in Croatia for almost 20 years, I have mostly been in the private sector.  But I am happy when learners re...