Friday, October 2, 2015

Entry #8 - Croatia Customized for Tourists from Entry #5

Each student's journal will refer back to the destination of origin of their international Barbie or Ken from entry#5.  Mine is from Scotland so I have selected some ways I would customize a tour of Croatia for visitors from Scotland.


I tend to believe in the 10% rule that people can handle and appreciate differences to a small degree (10% different and 90% familiar).  Therefore I have chosen elements of Croatia that someone from Scotland might enjoy because they are familiar to them.

Scots and Croats both love the sport of soccer so they might want to take a tour that includes playing soccer, attending soccer matches or visiting businesses and locations where current and former soccer stars hangout.

Croatia and Scotland have a rich history which includes castles. I would be sure to include a castle tour and include culinary classes for learning cooking under the bell "Peka" as well as rakija tastings.

The other option for a tour for Scots to Croatia would be cliff diving and adventure tourism to enjoy recreation and nature's beautiful landscapes all at once.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Future Entrepreneurs

Teaching in higher education in Croatia for almost 20 years, I have mostly been in the private sector.  But I am happy when learners re...